Daughter of a Danish Tai Chi teacher, Maria Bundgård developed a familiarity with body, mind and movement from a very early age, gaining experience with different body types, healing and teaching skills. Her early meeting with this Chinese philosophy of movement has significally influenced her bodywork.
20 years old, Maria Bundgard took her first Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Mark Ray in Copenhagen. Hubert Sokulski (Asthanga Yoga, Poland), Anja Bergh (Anusara Yoga, Sweden), Leila Sadeghee (Anusara Yoga and bodywork, London), Mikko Seppinen (Asthanga Yoga, Finland/Denmark) and David Swenson (Asthanga Yoga, USA) have been some of her most important teachers. She has also been very inspired by Tiffany Cruikshank, Katryn Budig et Sianna Sherman. Today, Maria teaches Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Anusara inspired yoga, restorative classes as well as dynamic classes on a high athletic levels. However, in private sessions the main focus is each and every client’s special therapeutic needs.Since 2021, Maria Bundgard is certified GYROKINESIS® Trainer Level 1.
Besides countless hours of self pactise and workshops, she has completed the following courses:
- 60 hours Vinyasa Yoga teacher training with Mark Ray, Copenhagen, 2011
- 108 hours Anusara Yoga immersion/teacher training with Leila Sadeghee & Anja Bergh, Göteborg, Sweden, 2013
- 50 hours training in healing massage at Kursuscenter Kilden, Valby, Denmark, 2014
- 40 hours Astanga Yoga teacher training with David Swenson (USA), Copenhagen, 2014
- Pilates MOTR® formation with Eva Winskill, Paris, France, 2017
- GYROKINESIS® 30 hours Pretraining with Mastertrainer Aline Goeppert (DE) Paris, 2018
- GYROKINESIS® 45 hours Foundation Course with Mastertrainer and osteopath Pascale Leonard (CA), Paris, 2018
- GYROKINESIS® 18 hours Supervision with Mastertrainer and dancer Adrianna Thompson (USA), Paris, 2018
- GYROKINESIS® 18 hours Certification with Specialized Mastertrainer Anke Hauerstein (DE), Annecy, 2021
GYROKINESIS® is a registered trademark of GYROTONIC® Sales Corp and is used with their permission.